Hand & Wrist
Our hands connect us to the world and to each other. We rely on them to care for ourselves and the people we love, to explore and create, to work and to play. When our hands or wrists are in pain, we lose that connection. Our work and our relationships suffer.
Joseph Sherrill, MD is a third-generation orthopedist who is well-known in the region for expert care of the hand and wrist. He understands the complex anatomy of and kinesiology at work in this area of the body and has been helping patients enjoy life without pain and limitation for more than thirty years.
Come to Sherrill Orthopedics for help with the following conditions related to the health of the hand and wrist:
- Broken bones or stress fractures
- Circulation issues and numbness
- Congenital anomalies and deformities
- Cysts, lesions or tumors
- Injuries or traumas to the hands or wrists
- Nerve pain or tingling
- Pain or stiffness related to repetitive motion, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis
The word musculoskeletal is hard to pronounce and a little intimidating. But we can all relate to what it means: muscle and bone. Your bones and muscles are the brick and mortar of your body; they are the foundation for every move you make. Every physical thing you do, or aspire to do, relies upon their well-being.
And, when your body hurts, sometimes it’s hard to know what’s wrong. At Sherrill Orthopedics, our specialists can help diagnose the source of your musculoskeletal discomfort and design a treatment plan that may include physical therapy, minimally invasive surgery or rehabilitation support. Our thorough knowledge of orthopedic medicine, our commitment to engaging with the latest advancements in the field, and our access to leading-edge technology, allow us to offer the best possible care. Together, we will work with you to achieve optimal health and range of movement.
Our orthopedic services include:
- Treatment of sports injuries to the hip, knee, shoulder, back, foot, ankle and elbow
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Surgical opinions and evaluations
- Treatment of arthritis
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Sports Medicine
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a world-class competitor, you are an athlete. You love your sport and take it seriously. You eat well, get the right gear, stretch, pace yourself, and stay positive. Yet sometimes, no matter how carefully you plan and train, you can get hurt. At Sherrill Orthopedics, we treat a range of sports-related injuries – from muscle strains and repetitive stress injuries, to chronic or developing bone and joint conditions.
The longer you wait to get treatment, the more you and the sport you love will suffer. If you have persistent pain, or if you’re looking for preventive care that will help keep you active for a lifetime, contact Sherrill Orthopedics. All three of our board-certifed physicians are passionate about helping you improve performance, regardless of age, skill level or sport.
We’re trained to diagnose and treat a full range of sports-related injuries and conditions, including but not limited to:
- Back, neck, hip, shoulder and foot pain
- Broken bones or stress fractures
- Knee problems, including those related to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- Muscle, tendon and joint pain
- Shin splints, plantar fasciitis, and iliotibial (IT) band pain
- Sciatica (numbness or pain in or around lower back, hip or knee)
- Joint replacement surgeries